Monday, May 4, 2009

Planning Weekly Meals

A few pointers to help you plan your weekly meals!

1. ROUTINE IS KEY:
    Pick the same day each week to make your menu and grocery list. I choose Sundays for a couple of reasons:
  • Coupons from the Sunday paper are available
  • I grocery shop on Mondays
  • This allows me to plan my meals for the following week (Monday-Sunday)
2. DO A SURVEY:
  • Check your pantry, fridge and freezer for any items you may already have on hand to prepare a meal. I am notorious for freezing items and then forgetting they are in the freezer.
3. CUT COUPONS:
  • Build your meal by what is on sale and what coupons you have on hand.  
  • Use a good coupon "helper" website, like this one or this one
4. MARK YOUR CALENDAR:
  • Get a good calendar/organizer and write down what meals you will have on what day.
  • Check my site every Sunday to give you ideas of what meals to prepare for the week.
5. GO SHOPPING:
  • Don't just make your list of grocery items but bring it with you to the grocery store!  
  • Buy only what is on the list.
  • Don't forget your coupons.
  • Never go to the grocery store hungry!

Your Weekly Meal Planner,


    

1 comment: